Peter J. Berry, Esq.
Labor and Employment Group
Work for Clients
Mr. Berry provides legal advice and representation to employers concerning all labor and employment/personnel issues; conducts labor negotiations with employee unions; represents public and private employers in initiating and defending litigation involving labor relations, employment and discrimination issues; provides training for employers and educational entities in all aspects of employment law; represents management entities in labor relations/employment litigation before Massachusetts and Federal Courts, the American Arbitration Association, the Massachusetts Labor Relations Commission, the Civil Service Commission, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Board of Conciliation and Arbitration, and the Joint Labor/Management Committee; and advocates management interests with the Massachusetts legislature.
Mr. Berry has represented management interests in both traditional and interest-based bargaining with unions representing police, fire, dispatch and other public safety personnel, employees of public works departments, custodians, clerical employees, teachers, administrators and paraprofessionals.
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law
Section Council: Chair, 1999-2000; Vice-Chair, 1998-1999
- Massachusetts Bar Foundation: Fellow, 1989-Present.
- Lawyers Clearinghouse on Affordable Housing and Homelessness: Founding Board Member, 1987-1995.
- Berry received the Boston bar Association President’s Award in 2014 for his assistance to a victim of the Boston Marathon bombing.
Personal and Community Activities
- Acton Board of Selectmen: 2007- 2010; 2013-present
- Massachusetts Division of Labor Relations Advisory Council – Governor’s Appointment, 2007 – 2013
- Emmanuel Church, Newbury Street, Boston, MA: Senior Warden; 1983-1990.
- Acton Housing Authority: Commissioner, 1988-1990.
- Acton Community Housing Corporation: Director, Chairman, 1989-2002
- Acton Zoning Board of Appeals: Member, Chairman, 1993-2000
- Action Conservation Commission: Commissioner, Vice-Chair, 2001-2003.
- Acton Community Preservation Committee, Chair, 2002-2005; 2013-present
Mr. Berry holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from University of Massachusetts and Juris Doctorate from New England Law.