Trial practice is a specialty of its own. Brooks & DeRensis offers the expert skills and judgment of our trial attorneys over a full spectrum of legal matters, both in and out of the courtroom. Our litigators are acutely aware of the costs and benefits of taking disputes to court. We regularly try cases to judges and juries in state and federal courts and administrative agencies, but have extensive experience in the use of alternative dispute resolution such as mediation and arbitration.
The Firm is committed to prudent and cost-effective case management. We therefore evaluate the needs and circumstances of each client, and review opportunities to achieve the most favorable outcome through careful negotiation or mediation. However, where litigation is the best or only option, we are known by clients, opposing attorneys, and the courts for our innovative and aggressive advocacy.
Due to our size and experience, we can effectively scale our services to the stakes of each case – from several thousand dollars to $30 million, from long-term litigation to actions for immediate injunctive relief.
Our services encompass:
- Business and commercial law, including contracts, shareholder disputes, and tort law
- Employment and labor, including wrongful termination, wage and hour claims, and discrimination
- Construction law
- Intellectual property, including trademark and trade secrets
- Insurance coverage, defense, and rating issues
- Environmental law, including wetlands, Chapter 21E, and CERCLA
- All aspects of municipal law
- Land use, including subdivision control, adverse possession, and real estate titles
- “White collar” criminal defense
- Whistleblower claims
Our attorneys also are experienced appellate advocates, whose work has produced judicial decisions of state-wide and national significance. We regularly serve as local counsel for out-of-state attorneys in Massachusetts state and federal courts.