Brooks & DeRensis brings reliable, efficient and creative support to small- and medium-sized businesses in all phases of their operations, including the initial organization of a business entity and related basic tax strategies; financing of business activities; operational matters; protection of business intellectual property assets; and mergers, acquisitions, and other growth strategies. We also organize and counsel non-profit entities such as tax-exempt charities.
Our services specifically include:
- Counseling, structuring, and organizing entities such as corporations, limited liability companies, and limited partnerships from both a legal and tax perspective
- Counseling, negotiating, and documenting matters related to financing including bank and other debt financing, equity structures, joint ventures, and other sophisticated financing techniques
- Counseling and preparing documents for diverse operational matters, including contracts with vendors and customers; employment, non-competition, and severance agreements; and providing form documents for standard commercial transactions
- Counseling and preparing documents for matters related to business intellectual property, including trademarks and copyrights, licensing agreements, and non-disclosure agreements
- Counseling, negotiating, and documenting matters related to mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, and other corporate growth strategies
- Counseling, structuring, and organizing non-profit entities and preparing and filing applications for 501(c)(3) and other tax-exempt organizations
Whenever appropriate, we leverage the Firm’s knowledge base in the related areas of real estate, environmental, labor and employment, insurance coverage, and immigration law. This allows us to provide our business clients with a broad perspective and legal support that is targeted to their needs.